Some people just don't need firearms. I don't mean that as in:
"Some people do not need firearms"
I mean that as in:
"They apparently hand out weapons like popcorn."
I ran in to a group of Abercrombie and Fitch types including a couple of young chicks who look like they need to be home hitting on their girlfriends boyfriends. There's also a few more obvious fast movers with them. They are all packing some serious heat. Pistols and cut down long guns, very nice, very high end stuff. Brand new, all of it. Usually you see one or the other, but rarely both, and rarely shiny new.
So, hey, you see some weird stuff over here, no biggie. A little later I run into them again, and I am not making this up, one of the sorority girls has her cut down M4 (with tricked out upper receiver) upside down swinging the barrel in random directions and is busy looking at the selector. As I pass by she says to one of the other coeds:
"Hey, this thing goes to full-auto!".
(stop)
(blink)
(blink blink)
In my head, unbidden, I think:
"Get. The. Fuck. Out.
Get the fuck out of this country right fucking now!"
Now see, I have nothing against women and firearms. Tall or short woman, long gun, pistol or SAW. Whatever. As long as they're reasonably qualified. But this.. this made me shake my head and walk away. Before I came over here, I bothered to go find an M4 and an instructor and learn/practice with it. Same with the M9. I am not armed, but if I need to pick one up, I wanted to know how to make it make noise (and clear a jam if need be). That's just common sense to me, yanno? Like bothering to learn a stick shift before coming to the land of the Diesel SUV.
But the combo of youthiness, ponytail, cheerleader chirpy voice and complete lack of firearms discipline just filled me with dread.
So please, young lady. Please leave. Take your Tommy Hilfiger PSD team and just go. Get far, far, far away from me so I'm not involved in the accident investigation you people are going to cause, probably within a week.
I honestly believe that with a stern enough voice and flashing a business card at some of them I had a solid 50% chance that I could've gotten some of them to HAND me their rifles just by asking for them. No. Shit. If it wouldn't get me kicked out of the country it'd be worth it just to grow them up a little.
There were (thank Jesus) a couple grown ups (more serious types) with them, but these teen titans are going to need full time adult supervision for a while. So to whoever you are Mr. Adult-Supervision: You have my sympathy, and also, better you than me.
Regards,
-Bouncer-
7 comments:
Dude that's crazy. Do you know why they're their? Are they contractor scum like you? Stuff like that definitely needs a picture. I luv hot chicks with big guns. ;-)
Bob
:-O
Maybe they hand out guns but not ammo??? Don't turn you back on a teenager with an automatic weapon.
She's probably snap a fingernail on the selector. Bizarre story.
No idea who they were. I'm overstating the youthful appearance of the group a little, but there were definately a couple that made me a bit uncomfy between the age and apparent unfamiliarity with the deadly weaponry. Luckily, I had cookies! ...But that's another story.
I went to a gun-club ages ago. Used a .22 rifle (single shot top-breach mechanism).
Always fancied the idea of blasting away at stuff. In this case it was paper targets.
What do you think the group was aiming to shoot at? Do "tourists" need hardware over there? Sounds incredibly dodgy, to me.
Ah well.
yea, well.....I know some men who are just as airheaded and twice as dangerous because of it. Personally, I like a pump action double barrel.....easier to dispatch snakes that way. turtle.
hope you got some kevlar bouncer
Post a Comment