If you're a reasonably pretty girl, and looking to be elevated to near super-star status, come on contract to Iraq. We have had a new girl in the office for a week or so, and you'd have thought Cindy Crawford was strolling the place in her birthday suit. First, there was the gaggle of guys to welcome her (I didn't bother to take part other than to wave from the other side of the room) and then later on, Mr. PITA who's nothing but a smartass to anyone is giving her a guided-fucking-tour! Holy God!
Ironically, she gives me the eye whenever I'm somewhere near her. I think it's because I'm the only guy there not acting like I have a crush on her or something.
Anyways, the whole thing was funny and kind of eye opening at the same time. If this chick shows up in tight clothes (and she's cute, but, you know, not earth shaking), I'm pretty sure I'll have to break out a hose. So I was talking to an Army friend of mine (female) about this, and kind of smirking about it, and she pointed out the unfunny side.
Women who show up in a camp with a LOT of horny young guys trained to be aggressive, who choose to wear clothes as if they want to have sex, may end up having sex whether they want to or not. You can't dress to tease in this environment and be surprised when there are some serious consequences. As well, they're making life harder for the women in the military. Not because it's hard to compete in shapeless camo, but because guys see these women dressed like they are on the Vegas strip, and then they start thinking and talking about them, and carry that right back to the places where the military women work, which means they have to hear more sexual stupidity and deal with more innuendo etc etc. It's tough enough (apparently) being a female out here without some flaunters inciting it.
So here's my PSA to all the Queens For a Year here or in A-Stan or wherever. I appreciate the boot-i-liciousness as much as the next guy. Do us all a favor, and save it for when they have some option besides hitting you in the head with the butt end of a weapon and dragging you behind some t-wall.
Regards,
-Bouncer-
4 comments:
"Breaking out a hose"
Does that mean what I think it means, Bouncer?
:-)
tut tut!
bouncer can we post to you? anything you'd like sent over?
More Pie, already? ;-)
After reading this I refuse to come visit!
Also, stop chastising me for not being online when you are... it's not my fault you moved to unknown crazyland timezone ;-) :-P
*hugs*
Post a Comment