Monday, March 26, 2007

sckkkkeeeeeewwwwwwwwwBABANG!!!!

Had my first incoming mortar/rocket attack last night. It's interesting the reactions people have. I happened to be at work, and while it might sound all Chuck Norrisy, I kept right on working through the explosions. (There were only a couple, not a sustained barrage). Someone else told me they were reading in bed and threw the covers over themselves. I thought this a wise tactic, because as you know, neither the bogeyman nor a unaimed rocket can hurt you under the cubbers!

The truth is, in my view, that there is no real point in worrying about these things. Like lightning, it's just completely random. I don't mean to sound overly casual about it, but if you get completely wrapped around the axle because someone shot an oversized bottle rocket in your general direction, than under the covers is where you should live. They shot, I'm still blogging, next item. Also, if you do let them get you all ramped up, then in a way, they've won. Terror is a weapon, and if you're unduly scared, then the terrorizers have achieved at least one of their goals.

Well screw them. I'm not going to live my life like a house mouse. If all they can do is toss random stuff occaisionally in my general direction, than I'm STILL safer than the folks back home dealing with the daily commute! And for the record, the impact point looked like a small pothole. People were standing around, smoking cigarettes, joking and using it as an ashtray. Then they filled it in and went off to watch a movie.

So Mr. Badguy... we're not impressed. We're not scared. You're waisting your time. Also, feel free to come closer and we'll bring you the good news.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

3 comments:

--TBAS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
--TBAS said...

dude, yuppers....Haji dont like us. I've got some pix headed your way of a recent lil' incident in the IZ...same day I think. Some shrapnel in peoples ass but no deaths amazingly.

Cookie said...

Dear Mr. Tuff Guy,

Hide under the covers! Maybe if you offer up cookies as a peace offering everything will be better.