Thursday, March 15, 2007

في الكويت في الماضي. (In Kuwait at last)



Along Arabian Gulf Road.
Good flights all around, International First Class is ..different. Everyone addresses you as "Mr. Bouncer" or "Sir", even if you're dressed in cargo pants and a black shirt. When you exit out of the first class lounge through a side door it puts you right in front of the ticket taker who stops everyone and processes you. Not sure how I feel about that. But I didn't insist everyone else go ahead of me, so I can't complain. :) The food was very good (for airline food), but not particularly memorable. At least it was hot and edible. The lie-flat beds work very well, and it was nice/odd/disconcerting to wake up to the landing announcement.
In Germany I took a shower at the arrivals lounge and then camped out in their first class lounge for a bit before heading over to the Casino to lose some euro's playing blackjack and then Duty Free for some "ceegars". Finally off to Lufthansa for the flight down to Kuwait.
Business class there, nice enough, and definately useful to be able to nap. in a seat that reclined quite a bit. So now I'm here, body-clock all messed up, and took a nighttime tylenol to try and zonk out. Filling seems to be fine, knock on wood, and the company apartment I'm in is very spacious. Tomorrow we do some paperwork and running around, and then I fly up Saturday morning.

Kuwaitis drive crazy, and queue like Italians. Which is to say, everyone bum rushes the counters. Other than that though, they seem friendly enough.
Regards,
-Bouncer-

No comments: