Thursday, March 29, 2007

Looking up at the moon...

I just got internet back, so I'll keep this short tonight. There is something unique about seeing a "winter moon" in Iraq. You know the kind I mean, almost no clouds or haze in the sky, everything bathed in a blue light and the moon crystal clear and white with black seas... and yet it's around 70 degrees.

You feel like your breath SHOULD be visible, your cheeks chilly and pink. But they're not. It's a little oddity that reminds you, even as you look up and away from bunkers and T walls, that you're far from home. On a winter moon.

That's about as sappy as I can get for one day, must be the stupid joy from having internet back. :) Welp, off to download stuff reeeeeeeeeeeeeally slowly.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

2 comments:

Cookie said...

Where are my photos? :-)

I'm glad you've found some beauty, even if it does remind you how far you are from home. On the plus side, spring is officially here as I've now seen dead gophers on the road :-D

Anonymous said...

and speaking of home.....were off to invade it tomorrow. Will follow all rules.....let us know when you recieve the care package. turtle.