Once upon a time I was a Boy Scout. Between that and going overseas a bunch I have learned that the motto "Be prepared" is as true today as it was when I was a child. This is an under construction list of items I have gathered for my relocation. It seems like a lot, but really only fills one footlocker. The bedding is very bulky and fills a second footlocker by itself. But that's okay because the bedding (if nothing else) is making a one way trip. I won't be bringing it back. So I'll have an empty footlooker on site for items I acquire while there plus when it's time to come home or move on I'll be able to ship out relatively quickly. You have to plan (a little) for when you exit.
2 Footlockers (Gorilla kind, shippable via USPS)
Small medical kit for local travel with comfort items (pepto, aspirin etc)
Large medical kit (for foot locker) with more supplies.
Foam mattress pad
Mattress cover
2 fitted sheets
2 top sheets
4 pillow cases
1 comforter
3 4GB thumb drives with U3 software
500 GB Portable USB/Firewire Hard Drive
Asus G1 15.4" Laptop
Rugged Grab-N-Go 'Always On" laptop case
SE K800i GSM cell phone (which is what I use to send photos to this blog)
Sony PSP and Games Plus Hacked Firmware so I can read books on it.
Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket Loox N560 PDA for PDA duties and navigation
HBH DH970 Bluetooth Headset
etymotic er-4p in-ear headphones
Gerber Multitool
Surefire L1 digital with add-on Blue Filter
Petzl Tactikka XP headlamp with Blue Filter
4 pair cargo pants
1 pair blue jeans
10 Short sleeve shirts
5 long sleeve shirts or sweaters
10 pair Wicking underwear dri-y
10 pair Wicking socks (Fox River Military hiking/PT)
Collapsable seat/footstool
ESS CDI Sunglasses with Mirrored lenses
ESS Safety Glasses
Gerber Multitool
Surefire L1 digital with add-on Blue Filter
Petzl Tactikka XP headlamp with Blue Filter
3-in-1 Cabellas Parka with zip out fleece lining
1 Pair of Merrell Passage Ventilator Mid boots
1 Pair of Merrel Landrush Goretex boots
1 pair Gaiters (for the mud season)
1 Pair of Asics tennis shoes
1 Pair of shower shoes
Bug-out-Bag
Items still under research or that I still need to acquire:
NONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment