So I haven't written anything since I got back. I've been in flux, a transient, coming and going.
Short version is that I'm coming back to the states for some more training and to do some work there, then will be coming back over here, probably for a year (or so it appears at this point). It's a frustrating experience, because it's hard to get into a fixed rhythm (which is very helpful) when you're being yo-yo'd back and forth. I mean, great, I'm stacking up the frequent flier miles and the staff at various hotels now know me by my first name, but living out of a suitcase without a permanent base somewhere is wearing.
Wah, po' me. I can only whine so long about it, because I'm not wearing 40lbs of PPE while manning a machine gun in a HUMVEE somewhere in downtown hell-hole, Iraq. Everytime I want to complain, I just remind myself of that young soldier, and whatever my complaint is pales in comparison.
Still, it's a tad frustrating. OTOH, I can get my XMAS shopping done back in the states! YAY! And I get Turkeyday with the family, YAY! One thing I'm buying for sure is a box of super extra fluffeh tissues. Seems I have a cold too, right now. The IZ is like a big college campus, and once one kid comes down with it, it's a matter of time until it's an epidemic. So I'm all duffed up and my dose is raw from dissues. Bleh.
Still, not on a HUMVEE. Not wearing 40lbs of PPE. Not in hell-hole, Iraq. So I'm thankful.
Regards,
-Bouncer-
No comments:
Post a Comment