Friday, August 3, 2007

I am mildly pink!

So I had an idea, which is usually where all the trouble starts!

The idea was this:

There is a pool here. I am very pale. A nice base tan would be useful protection down in the land of incredible bright hotness.

The failure in my thinking was that we still have an ozone layer left. We apparently, do not. Or at least not over Amman, Jordan. It does not help that I am of the easily burned type either. I mean, seriously, I can tan under a nightlight.

So, I laid out for 25 minutes, did laps for probably 20 minutes (whew that is tiring, btw.. good excercise though) and laid out for 20 more minutes each side.

Problem: Somewhere in this I lost track of time. I also forgot that you tan in the water as well. So basically I did about an hour on the front and about 40 minutes on the back. Backside is fine, not too tingly, but the front is letting me know IT NO HAPPY!

So poop. I get to go to Baghdad with a slight sunburn. That'll teach me. Still, I should have a great base tan eventually, and an excuse to beg for high end painkillers from the medics!

Oh.. and in the irony department, when I went over the first time I took some very nice topical sunburn ointment. It is currently sitting in my house as I convinced myself I was never going to use it, so no need to bring it.

Sigh...

Regards,
-Bouncer-
PS: Yes, I know I am el estupido. :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK so....break out the tea tree oil (1 teaspoon to an 8 oz glass of water). Then splash it all over your pink areas. Avoid eye area. Done. You are now cool and mildly piney smelling. It is analgesic, antiseptic and cooling. If you have or can get a fine white powder such as gold bond sprinkle this on. If not then go to the store and get corn starch. Which is also fine powder but not so cooling as gold bond.

Also next time ....just use the INDOOR pool. Love Turtle.