Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rollin' rollin' rollin'.. rawhide!

Welp, heading out on R&R. Man it feels good to start shaking the dust off physically, mentally and emotionally. I cannot wait to see my family, my friends, and of course, my girl!

I missed both Thanksgiving and Christmas last year because of this place, and resolved never to miss both because of work again. So I picked Thanksgiving, and fought hard for an R&R when a lot of others were getting cancelled. To me though, it was never a question of whether I would be coming home for turkeyday. Only a question of whether it would be a round trip or not.

The job continues on, as it always does. So much to do, this place will never really be static. No place is, of course, but this place.. new projects always seem to start before old projects start winding down. The pace is hectic and frustrating and builds up a lot of stress in you over time.

Still, I am at the way station on my way out of country, and I can't wait to begin the rest of the journey!

I am coming home. I love my girl, my family and my friends, and I cannot wait to see them all.

Oh yeah, taking the girl on a Carribean cruise while I'm home, so there's that, too! Going from total do it yourself to toal pampering is gonna weird me out a bit at first I think. However, I will struggle to endure the deep tissue massages and cocktails with little umbrellas and walks on the beach with my love. I will soldier on!

Regards,
-Bouncer-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! 2 more days handsome! & I get 15 days with you ;) Can't wait to see you! I'm going to jump into your arms & never let go! :D

I ღ U Bunches!


ღBabyGirlღ

Anonymous said...

Have I told you today just how amazingly handsome you are? And how much I am madly & deeply inlove with my hubby? You are the love of my life, my world, my everything.

I love you bunches

ღBabyGirlღ