Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's been a while

It's been a while, hasn't it? Been a very long, very hot summer which is finally coming to a close. It feels like I spent the entire month of August and most of September with my head down, just trying to endure.

I don't mean to whine, I know many others have it tougher. Still, it's just an experience you have to live through, there's really no way words can do it justice. High stress and high temps make for a zombie like existence where you just keep walking along slowly with no destination in sight. Just keep moving baby, keep on moving.

But the weather, has turned. It is cooler now, in the mid-90's during the day and into the mid 80's at night. And once again, it feels like light jacket weather when it's below 92F or so. Which is, again, weird. It's just not ..right. The leaves on the trees are turning and drifting down onto the armored vehicles. Which is weird, because it's still 94F and yet the tree has decided it's autumn. I wonder how it'd react to 50F in the States. Probably drop all it's leaves at once. Fwoosh! Like that.

And the girl and I are toughing it out. It's not easy on either of us, the seperation. Still, I'll be home for an R&R soon enough, and I keep myself busy with thoughts of that, so that I don't get all depressed all the time.

And I turned 40 while over here. That, was.. feh. 4-0. Officially old n' stuff. But I don't feel it, anyone who knows me will tell you I don't act it, and I don't want to be it. So I'm not going to be. So nyah. Still, it was nice, they had a mini-party for me and a there was cake and stuff, plus, my family sent me cards and my girl sent me an awesome hand made birthday card. That's why I love her. One of the many reasons, actually. I mean, does YOUR girl MAKE you a birthday card? No? Ha! Sucks to be you! :p My girl rocks!. Nuff' said.

I was taking the mini-bus into work today, and I saw a very odd thing. They use bomb sniffing dogs out here, and they transport them in dog carriers on trailers attached to the back of vehicles. So we're pulling out of a compound, and this vhicle with dog trailer goes by, and it's being chased by four local/wild dogs. It was like a dog race or something straight down the middle of the four lane road. It's just another moment around here that makes you shake your head or rub your eyes to see if you're really seeing what you think you're seeing.

I am happy the weather is turning though. Finally. It makes everything easier. Still cannot WAIT to get out of here for R&R though. Cannot wait to see my girl, and my family, and my friends. Cannot come soon enough. I'll try to write a little more often now that I'm leaving the zombie zone.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Lღve Yღu Heღrt & Sღul Handsღme

ღBabyGirlღ

Anonymous said...

Hang in there uncle. Dont for get to come home for good before you lose you mind. It sounds to me like you done. Don't push it you need to come home to you baby girl and start what I started 7 years ago.

Anonymous said...

3 more weeks and I get to jump into the arms of the man I am so madly in-love with...I can't wait to see you handsome...I love you to bits & pieces : )

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Mike. Hope your staying safe over there. When yo coming home? I started a blog.

http://3-miles.blogspot.com