Friday, June 8, 2007

A few words...

Haven't been blogging much. Pulling north of 90-100hrs a week right now so I eat, sleep, poop, and work and not necessarily in that order. It'll slow down, but not right now.

So a few observations:

I came out of a building today for dinner around 5pm (1700 to you military people :p ).. and it was overcast and in the upper 90's... and I thought "Hmm, I wonder if it'll rain tonight. If it gets cooler I might need a jack...WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE! NO ONE SHOULD LIVE IN A COUNTRY WHERE 95F is "light jacket" WEATHER! IT'S WRONG! IT'S JUST WRONG!"

So I went to the DFAC and had some ice cream. Sometimes you need ice cream. I cannot explain it to anyone not here.

Also, I realized there is one unusual upside to being here in Summer. See, in most bases like these in most countries, you have communal showers, so you either shower earrrrly or late, because anytime after 6:30 and you're taking an ice shower.

Not here. Here, you can take a shower using just the "cold water" and the "hot water" is basically scalding steam. You never ever run out of hot water, and the irony is that the shower seems to get HOTTEr not colder over time. Go fig.

Oh, and tell all your friends and neighbors and the talking head morons on TV. Get the word out. Anytime someone talks about "the surge" or it's effeciveness, tell them it's not actually started yet.

This is just the warm up show.

Regards,
-Bouncer-

2 comments:

Cookie said...

I miss you and your updates.

I request more!!!



P.S.- *hugs*

Anonymous said...

me too. PS. did ya get the package yet? PPS. the king and queen arrived safely back at the castle. PPPS. sent ya an email so read it. turtle on phone with queen mother. bye.