I have a cold, which is why not much writing. I'll get better, but right now I'm a sick pup and Sneezy-Sniffly is my name-o.
In other news, there are crazy people out here. No, now the jihadis. They're crazy, but that's not what I mean. I met a guy the other day who come in country to repair some equipment. His luggage had gotten lost for a few days. He was relieved to find that when it showed up, his free range no hormone oranges were okay.
(blink)
That's when I realized he was wearing open toed sandals LA style. In Baghdad. Iraq.
(blink blink)
You know, sport, just a thought here, but there's a fucking reason why all the people who have to go outside the wire look like the Michelin man. And it's not because they're all on a weight training regime of wearing 35lbs of extra heavy clothing to build up their calves and thighs.
Swear to god I thought if he was going to ask if we could go off base and find a Starbucks or something. Well apparently he had a come to Jesus moment a few nights ago after a mortar round landed about 1/4mi from where he was staying.
He's decided that this place "can be kind of scary".
You. Think?
Please, America, do not send me any more free range orange eating LA hippies. Please. I may choke the next one out of sheer annoyance.
Regards,
-Bouncer-
7 comments:
Maybe his oranges would help with your cold... :D
Maybe you are very sassy and need a paddlin'! You ever think about that? Huh? Huh? Didja didja?!?!?!
:p
You're prolly right though. If I see him again I'll konk him on the head with a piece of something and take allllll his oranges!
-B-
PS: Hi!
I need a paddling too but my wife isn't into that kind of thing...any ideas on how to convince her.
JUST KIDDING!!!
Dave in Tampa
But wait a minute! Bush and other assorted Re-pluto-crats are telling us about all this progress they are making in Iraq! Are you now saying that Iraq is NOT ready for sandal-wearing Calis?!?!?
If this sort of talk (read - missinformation) keeps up, I may not be able to trust my government any more! :-P
I'm going to send you some tactical sandals, and an up-armored paddle... vacuum packed, of course.
You people are all troubley!
Also, the mail room is eating my mail and I am not at ALL pleased. :( <-- See that? It's a frowny face! And that = not pleased at all!
-B-
Meow...cat's claw anyone? Kona coffee and tropical tea may not be good for sniffles but am sending anyway. Turtle.
Post a Comment